Welcome!

April 2017: Our family vacation to Samoa is next month! This blog is to provide trip info.  

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Dad: 25 Years Ago

Dad was drifting around the Pacific when I visited Samoa with Iulia's family, and he was able to join me. Together we drove to Sauniatu for a day, and here he is on another day when we went to the beach.




 Dad and I at Return to Paradise Beach, circa 1992(?) The beach was named after a Gary Cooper movie, based on a James Michener book. The movie was filmed here.













You can't really even go to this beach any more because now it is a high priced resort.



Really bad camera, but one of the first underwater models ever made. It was good for about 3 uses before the seal failed and water got in the camera, ruining it forever. Ouch for a $300 camera!

Dad is having fun.











Dad in the ubiquitous pose you find on any beach in the world. I look at this picture and think, what I wouldn't give to retake this photograph close up, so I can actually see his face. I am so happy we are returning to Samoa, and I promise I will take a thousand pictures of him.