Welcome!

April 2017: Our family vacation to Samoa is next month! This blog is to provide trip info.  

Monday, April 17, 2017

Friends and Relatives: Aunu'u Island

Edward and I wandered over to Aunu'u one day. Sitting at the dock in Auasi was a girl a bit younger than me, and we got to talking. She asked me what church did I belong to (In Samoa it is never "Do you go to Church," but "What Church do you go to?") and when I told her Lotu Mamona, she got excited and invited me home. It was 25 years ago, and I don't remember much, but I still have pictures of her home and family.

Here are the parents of the family. I hope that they are still there when we go back to map Aunu'u.


















Here we are eating lunch. Look at Edward!!!!
















This was the LDS Chapel 25 years ago. An open sided fale. It is now a huge stake center, with lots of classrooms.













Beautiful coconut crab. This one is dead, killed with a swift blow by the bush knife in the background. It lives on land, and Dad says it's meat is so sweet, since it lives on nothing but coconut.